Don't Destroy the Super Eagles - Coach Rohr Roars



The Super Eagles gaffer Gernot Rohr have come out hard on the Nigeria media following recent reports credited to him about the Super Eagles team and the players.

Rohr through the official channel, Super Eagles social media account has debunked delicate stories capable of destroying the unity in the Nigerian senior set-up for now and beyond.


In a bid for the team to get better, Gernot Rohr was quoted to said he wants the Nigeria Football Federation to lose guard and forfeit their quest in getting Queens Park Rangers talisman Eberechi Eze for another Anglo-Nigerian in the form of Liverpool Loanee Ovie Ejaria.

"My attention has been drawn to some statements online that I have described Reading FC player Ovie Ejaria as a better player than Queens Park Rangers' Ebere Eze and so the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) should get him in the team immediately.

"This is totally false and very disrespectful to both players. I never compare players and I have not asked the NFF to make any approach for the player in question.

"I will never ask the NFF publicly to approach any player for our team. We have our processes and it certainly doesn’t include sharing such information publicly.

"Furthermore I think there must be restraint in press statements purportedly quoting me and my person in terms of interviews.

"I share a very good relationship with the media in Nigeria but this must not be abused to the extent of misquoting me and making wrong claims about my person." The 66-year-old 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bronze medallist concluded.

No comments

Comments here are solely the responsibility of the commenters