Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu Gets Fresh Appointment

The former deputy governor of Edo state, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu, has been appointed as the Patron of Edo Journalists in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria. 

Shaibu expressed his joy by sharing the news on his verified Facebook page and expressed his gratitude to the journalists for the honour.

He wrote: “Honoured to have been installed as Patron, Edo Journalists in Abuja, the Nation’s capital. This recognition holds a special place in my heart, as it reminds me of the significant role journalists played in my life during a difficult period.

“A report by a courageous journalist freed me from the clutches of the military junta and saved my life from being wasted at Gashua Prison in Maiduguri. This experience instilled in me a deep appreciation and unalloyed support for journalists in Nigeria.

“As Deputy Governor of Edo State, I demonstrated my commitment to the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) through various initiatives, including the annual breakfast with journalists and a report writing competition/contest with handsome rewards for the winners, as well as regular donations to the body of journalists, amongst others.

“I thank the organisers of the event for this recognition, which I see not only as an honour but also as a challenge. This recognition will undoubtedly spur me to continue supporting journalists all over the country. I consider journalists as friends and allies, and I am proud to have earned the trust and respect of my friends in the journalism community in Abuja, just as I have in Edo State.

“I pledge to continue promoting the welfare and interests of journalists, and I look forward to working closely with the Edo (Nigerian) Journalists in Abuja to advance the cause of journalism in Nigeria.”

No comments

Comments here are solely the responsibility of the commenters