Redeemed Church murder: Police commence investigation

The Edo State Police Command said it had commenced investigation into the death of a 100-level student of the University of Benin, Uwaila Omozuwa.

The victim, who went to read in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Miracle Sanctuary Mega Parish, Edo Province 10, Ikpoba Hill area of Benin City on May 27, 2020, was allegedly raped and assaulted by assailants.



It was gathered that the men forced their way into the church, where they raped and struck Uwaila in the head with a fire extinguisher.

Our correspondent learnt that the church security guard, who had just resumed duty, wanted to collect the key to the church when he discovered that someone was already inside.

The guard, who found Uwaila in a pool of blood, reportedly called for help and the victim was rushed to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital.

Report claim that the victim did not recover from her state of unconsciousness until she died on Saturday.

The incident was reported at the Oregbeni Police Station.
The victim’s mother, in a video posted by @town_crierng on Twitter, lamented that Uwaila died despite buying all the drugs asked to purchase.

She said, “I saw a friend, who came to visit me, off and before I came back, someone had called my telephone thrice. When I got back, my children told me that a church member, Mummy Osunla, had called me and when I called her back, she asked where I was and told me that I should come and that she did not know what had happened to my daughter.

“I ran to the place but before I got there, they already took her to a private hospital and when I saw my daughter, I cried. They raped her; the dress she was wearing that morning was white, but it had turned to red; all her body was full of blood. Her mouth and eyes were tied; the hoodlums used a fire extinguisher to hit her head, which left a deep cut.

No comments

Comments here are solely the responsibility of the commenters