APC Crisis: Why I prefer to keep quiet- Amaechi


Former Rivers State governor and Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said he would not make a public comment on the crisis rocking the national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Amaechi made the disclosure last night in a statement by his media office.
Two national officers of the party, Victor Giadom and Hillard Eta, deputy national secretary and national vice-chairman, South-South, respectively have since emerged as factional chairmen.

Giadom who incidentally is from Rivers State has been alleged to be promoting the interest of the Minister of Transportation.
But Amaechi in a statement said he was not involved in the crisis and would refrain from taking a position.



He said: “What is happening in APC, I don’t know, what is happening in Rivers State, I don’t know. What I’ve done is to keep away from politics, even if I’m bothered, it’ll be internally; there’s nobody there (in the party) who is a child, we’re all adults. I don’t want to get involved in the politics.

“Nigerians know me for being blunt and honest. Some see it as arrogance, some see it as being brash, whatever it is. What do I need to say that I have not said before? It’s internal dynamics of politics, it’s an internal struggle. So, I have said it several times, when we fought in 2015, I said this country cannot continue the way it is going. I’m not helpless, but I’m doing what they call ‘sidon look’.

Reacting to two viral videos of his alleged supporters in Rivers State, one group inciting violence and the other dissociating him from the comments of the first group stating that he is a man of peace, the Minister urged his supporters to remain calm, eschew violence and promote the rule of law.

“I’m responding to those videos because they all said they are my supporters, those who made the comment and those who countered them. My message to everyone is to tell everybody who is supporting me to please remain calm and get out of violence. Never be part of violence because I will not defend anybody when you get violent.

“The law will take its course. Whatever is happening, if anything goes wrong in the High Court, you go to the Court of Appeal, if anything goes wrong in the Court of Appeal, you go to the Supreme Court, but don’t you ever take the law into your hands, just like my children would never do that. My kids and my brothers know that I’m not a man who will come out to subvert the law

No comments

Comments here are solely the responsibility of the commenters