Sadiya Farouq: A hopelessly helpless Minister now at a crossroad



From Justin Tsegba

The Nigerian society is one where emphasis is placed on paper certificate with very little or no consideration for requisite skills, intellectual capacity, technical knowhow and deeper understanding of the claimed area of specialization. This can best summarize Sadiya Farouq and her seeming fleets of unearned degrees.

Crossroads is simply a point at which a crucial decision must be made which will have far-reaching consequences. This quickly calls to mind the adage that says that when a child is given what is bigger than him, he wonders if it is given to him to give to who. This is exactly the point where, Sadiya Farouq, minister of Humanitarian Affairs finds herself today.


I make bold to say sometimes, that sadly, this is kind of education many of my contemporaries had. Education devoid of intellectual sagacity, deeper reasoning capacity and literary prowess.

It usually leaves me wondering why a soundly educated youth will readly resign to fate in the face obvious affront on their collective rights by a corrupt political class oozing gross incompetency but believe that prayer, will one day, transform their country into a political, socio-economic Eldorado.

I beats my imagination that the management of a country by has likes of my humble self and thousands of others hardworking, vibrant youths with the now scarce benefit of good education is left in hands of people like Sadiya Farouq. Nigeria is where it is today because successive governments have repeatedly sacrifice merit and capacity on the inglorious alter of federal character, ethnicity and political patronage, which Sadiya Farouq is a proud beneficiary.

I have come under heavy attacks from some of my N-Power colleagues for whose sake I risk my safety and comfort because they felt that I am leading a campaign against Ms Farouq because she is a Northern Muslim.

If this claim is anything to go by, could it also be true that when I was making Afolabi's job difficult for him by demanding for absorption of N-Power volunteers into Civil Service; I was doing it because he is Southern Christian?

I will leave you with this: The society we live in today is the society we created by ourselves. We can equally recreate our society if we sincerely desire to do do. God bless you.


No comments

Comments here are solely the responsibility of the commenters